Maureen McCarthy-Darling, MSW, LCSW is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Life Coach specializing in individual, couples, and group Psychotherapy, Life Coaching & Consulting for a better life. In over 25 years as a psychotherapist and life coach her passion still lies in helping clients heal old blocks, successfully navigate the challenges of life and flourish. Her specialty is in guiding people back to realizing their innate gifts, learning to embrace these gifts and bring those qualities more fully into the world. She has practiced in Boston, New Zealand, Camden and now Yarmouth Maine. She sees clients in person as well as through phone sessions and she has an international clientele.
Maureen is a highly intuitive, interactive, creative and solution-focused in her work with clients. Her approach with clients is compassionate and supportive while offering numerous strategies and tools to help clients resolve current problems, heal long-standing patterns and embrace their life. She incorporates a blend of conventional and alternatives approaches, drawing upon a variety of styles and techniques to incorporate what will be most helpful for each indivdual client. With sensitivity, insight and humor she works with each client to help them build on their strengths and to identify and achieve life goals.
Maureen graduated with honors from the Advanced Standing Placement Program of Boston University Graduate School of Social Work. She completed her clinical internship at The Cambridge Hospital - Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School. She served as Co-Leader and Group Coordinator of the Behavioral Medicine Training Department, Harvard Community Health Plan, Cambridge, MA that provided nationwide training on integrative medicine to physicians, nurses, and mental health clinicians. She also was Resident Assistant for Lesley University's Threshold Program - a special program for college students with learning disabilities. In her private practice Maureen has also created and led a number of highly acclaimed groups and workshops including; Creating Your Vision, Women and Relationships, Finding Your Authentic Self and Re-writing the Story of Your Life.
"Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: 'I'm with you kid. Let's go."
– Maya Angelou
- Boston University Graduate School of Social Work, Advanced Standing Program with Honors
- Regis College Bachelors in Social Work, Graduated Cum Laude
- Extern program in Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Expressive Therapy including Authentic Movement, Psychodrama and Movement/Dance Therapy
- Solution-Oriented Couples Counseling
- Parenting Coaching
- Enneagram Personality Typing System
- The Work by Byron Katie
- 200 hour Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training
- Body-Mind-Spirit & Stress Reduction
- Psychospiritual Coaching
- Designing Workshops
License, Certifications & Awards
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW
- Certified Hypnotherapist
- Certified Kripalu Yoga Instructor
- Certified JourneyDance Teacher
- NASW, National Association of Social Workers